Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Go Huskers!

I'll be honest, I don't read every word of every article I post for "Today in Science". Usually, I just try to get the gist of an article unless I find it particularly compelling. Having said that, I wish I would have read the Washington Post article about state budgets and unintended pregnancy a little closer.

If I had I would have seen that my home state, Nebraska, was amongst the very worst in access to contraception. Fortunately, my daily "Nebraska StatePaper" email provided me with the details.

The upshot is, Nebraska was dead last overall. DEAD LAST! This may not seem outrageous to you non-Huskers out there but, in my opinion, Nebraska should never be dead last in anything. I'll take mid-forties rankings but never last!

I don't know why this surprises me. Some (most) of my friends had 'unintended' bundles of joy in high school/college (you know who you are). I guess we are just more fertile than the other states. Also, it gets very cold in the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats




Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs Webfeed (RSS/ATOM/RDF) registered at http://www.feeds4all.nl blog search directory Blog-Watch - The Blog Directory feeds2readBlogTagstic - Blog DirectoryOnlineWide Web Directoryblogoriffic.comLink With Us - Web Directory Mojo this page